PSHE Newsletter May 2016
Welcome to the May PSHE newsletter. Thank you to everyone who attended the Network Meeting. We appreciate your support and hope you find the following information useful.
1. POP UK
PopUK enables primary schools to:
-Involve the whole school in learning, recording and performing memorable pop songs with lyrics that teach life affirming values, shaping children for their future –
– Produce the school’s very own pop album –
– Strengthen the teaching of Music, PSHE, SMSC, Citizenship and RE –
– Deepen relationships with parents and community as the children perform a high profile concert
- offer a one-day SMSC workshop bringing together parents and children in the classroom encouraging family learning. The day involves all year groups.
Costs: One-day workshop £275
Five-day project £1,400-£1,750
Contact: Andy Silver 07980 692688 email@example.com
Alright Charlie KS2 CSE resource
Basis Training provides young people friendly, age appropriate awareness raising for girls in schools on online safety, consent and child sexual exploitation, from Year 5 upwards, designed and delivered by the team from the specialist young people’s CSE charity Basis Young People, based in Leeds. We also deliver high quality, practical CSE training to staff in schools and have produced educational resources on related topics such as the best-selling Sick Party and our most recent resource Is it Normal - for more info: www.basistraining.org.uk or call Amber Wilson (0113 – 243 0036)
Alright Charlie video to upload here
3. Oral Health Training
The Oral Health team, based in Armley are currently offering to provide training for primary schools enabliing them to become champions for oral health.
5. PSHE CPD opportunity
This National PSHE CPD Programme will;
- Support positive mental health
- Help address safeguarding including child sexual exploitation, radicalisation, and FGM
- Provide accredited recognition for individuals
- Improve competence and confidence in delivering PSHE
- Raise the quality of teaching, learning and assessment in PSHE
- Inspire positive change within the PSHE curriculum
- Effectively support children and young people to deal with
- life’s challenges
- Encourage best practice
Forthcoming Accredited 3 Day Course:
To request an application please contact
Completed Applications to be received by September 23rd 2016
6. New Eatwell Guide
The key messages.
- Eat at least least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Base meals on potato, rice and pasta (wholegrain versions where possible).
- Include some dairy or dairy alternatives (soya). Choose low fat and low sugar versions.
- Eat some beans, pulses, fish or meat and other proteins.
- Choose unsaturated oils and spreads, and small amount.
- Drink 6-8 cups of water (or low fat milk) a day.
7. Mantra Lingua training
- Mantra Lingua, the world’s largest publisher of bilingual children’s books, with over 7500 schools as customers, has developed a training workshop incorporating their award winning sound enabled technology and bilingual resources.
- This high impact training programme facilitates pupils’ access to the curriculum and has been piloted with a number of LA teams nationally with excellent feedback.
- Training 21st June at Bankside Primary School - Free pen and dictionary for all delegates