Teenage Cancer Trust - Free Online Resources
7 young people in the UK are diagnosed with cancer every day. The Teenage Cancer Trust (TCT) want to improve early diagnosis through raising awareness of the main warning signs of cancer in teenagers and young adults.
As well as offering all Leeds secondary schools/academies a FREE education and awareness sessions for Year9/10 the team have also devised a number of free online resources for schools. These include:
- Sun Safety - We’ve created exciting and easy to use resources so that you can teach sun safety in schools. We’ve got lesson plans, presentations, worksheets and a film. As well as this, we’ve got some leaflets and a selection of posters that you can order for FREE!
- What is cancer – We’ve created two lesson plans to help look at what cancer is (endorsed by PSHE association as part of our Action Week campaign in 2014)
- Education drama ‘Other People’ - A poignant, educational, funny and factual 35 minute drama that follows Laura’s cancer journey. Providing a first-hand look at how other people react to her situation. Designed to enable teachers to tackle topics relevant to their students, using the film as a stimulus.
- HPV & Cervical Cancer - The Teenage Cancer Trust has worked with Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust to produce 2 lesson plans aimed at raising awareness of HPV, the importance of the vaccination and screening. Both lesson plans have accompanying resources and support information for teachers.
To download the resources click here
For further information on the FREE education and awareness session for Leeds Secondary schools/academies please contact Lenny: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theme: PSHE
- Type: Curriculum/Teaching
- Cohort: Secondary
- Audience: Teachers, Parents, Governors
- Price: FREE