CSE - LSCB Party Animals Campaign
Re-launch of the Party Animals campaign
Child sexual exploitation (CSE) continues to remain a priority issue for the LSCB. CSE is complex with grooming models evolving and changing as perpetrators seek to avoid detection and prosecution.
This has led to the emergence of different models of CSE, one of which is the party model, where groups of young people are groomed by other young people and are invited to parties with the promise of free drink and drugs.
Although these “parties” or "get-together’s" can and do take place all year round, based on practitioner intelligence, there is an increase in this model of sexual exploitation at this time of year.
To warn young people of the potential dangers, the “Party Animals” campaign will be relaunched over the Christmas holidays, to raise awareness of the party model amongst teenagers in Leeds.
- To raise awareness of the dangers of attending a “party ” or "get-together" where they are offered things for “free”
- To provide information on the signs to look out for
- To give advice on how to keep themselves safe
- Provide signposting for help
- Theme: PSHE
- Type: Campaign
- Cohort: KS3, KS4, KS5
- Audience: Teachers, Parents, Governors
- Price: FREE