Growing Up in a Social Media World
This course is intended for Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 practitioners who are interested in learning more about how to address the current challenges facing children and young people who are growing up in a social media world. Topics include body image, sexting (youth produced sexual imagery), pornography, cyberbullying, online radicalisation and the impact on emotional health and wellbeing.
It includes practical support to ensure that curriculum, policy and practice reflects current guidance.
The training will provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- explore some of the key issues affecting young people in relation to social media, including the impact on emotional health and wellbeing, body image, sexting (youth produced sexual imagery), pornography and online radicalisation
- develop an understanding around what makes ‘outstanding e-safety’ in schools
- develop an understanding around policy and current guidance
- explore curriculum opportunities and resources including those for the 2018, Safer Internet Day
- develop an understanding of how to engage parents in relation to issues concerning children, young people and social media
Audience: KS2 & KS3 staff, PSHE, Pastoral and ICT practitioners
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE