Improving Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing for Pupils and Staff through School Based Yoga Practise
This is a practical course that will empower participants to implement a range of simple, quick and effective techniques that can be delivered in the classroom in a chair or on a mat. Participants will take part in chair and floor based yoga practises.
On completion of the session participants will:
- Have a good understanding of positive mental health and wellbeing and strategies that foster classroom climates that promote engagement in learning
- Have a good understanding and experience of implementing a range of yoga, breathing, focus and relaxation techniques
- Develop an awareness of the theory behind yoga and understand what practises and principles are needed to deliver a high quality yoga practice
- Practical yoga techniques and how to teach them
- Receive quality assured yoga resources
- Have developed a bespoke action plan
Teachers and Non-Teaching Staff in Primary Schools (Prior experience in yoga is not required).
Participants should wear comfortable clothing (e.g. track suit pants, leggings, t-shirt, jumper). Yoga mats will be provided.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.