Assessing PSHE (Primary and Secondary)
This course aims to give you a clear understanding of assessing, recording and reporting in PSHE and to develop practical approaches to implementation
Assessment was identified as an area for improvement in 58% of schools. It was also the case that in too many schools teachers’ expectations of the quality of pupils’ work were too low. Teachers did not always check pupils’ previous learning in PSHE education, resulting in the work being repeated and was often unchallenging.
- Enable participants to develop an understanding of the range and type of assessment that can take place in PSHE
- Identify opportunities for assessment in PSHE planning
- Explore strategies for pupil self assessment in PSHE
- Consider strategies for recording and reporting achievement in PSHE
- Highlight the importance of adopting a whole school approach to the assessment, recording and reporting of PSHE
- Consider strategies for monitoring and evaluating PSHE
- Provide an opportunity to share developing practice and make contacts for future collaborative working
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.