Review/update your Secondary DE&I Policy
In consultation with schools and other key stakeholders, the Health and Wellbeing Service has created a brand new and improved separate model policy for Drug Education & Incidents which will be shared at this training event. This course gives schools the opportunity to review and update their Drug Education and Incidents Policy. It will update schools on the latest developments within PSHE, Drug Education and Incidents and allow schools to update their policy to reflect this. The policies are in line with all the most relevant law and guidance, both local and national, so schools can be sure they have included everything that is required. Delegates will be given the model policy and have the opportunity to start working on it at the event.
The course will provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- Explore ways in which to review and update the existing policy to match the setting and needs of the individual school and its pupils
- Update schools on the latest developments within PSHE, Drug Education and Incidents.
- Update schools on the new DfE and ACPO Drug Advice for Schools (January 2012)
- Have started to review and update the school policy using the model policy and in reflecting on the new developments
- Take away a copy of the new Health and Wellbeing Service model DE&I Policy
- Signpost further training and support available to schools from the Health and Wellbeing Service in updating the policy
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE