Delivering Secondary SRE with Confidence
In March 2017, Justine Greening (Secretary of State for Education) announced proposed legislation for statutory Sex and Relationship Education in all schools – including academies and free schools.
This course aims to support secondary practitioners to feel more confident in delivering secondary SRE using the most current, up to date resources.
- Learn ways to create a safe environment using group agreements
- Develop an understanding of law and guidance regarding the content of the SRE curriculum
- Increase delegates’ confidence in approaches to teaching SRE through the introduction and use of agreed vocabulary.
- Increase delegates confidence to respond to awkward or personal questions
- Consider what might be covered within more sensitive SRE lessons
- Explore a selection of resources schools may use to support teaching, including the secondary toolkit
- Explore how active learning methods and increased pupil participation can improve learning outcomes
- An opportunity to share good practice
Please note: This is a hands-on session where delegates will be given the opportunity to sample activities which can be used in the classroom to support SRE delivery.
This course is suitable for practitioners from all Secondary schools/academies and alternative provision settings.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.