Raising Self Esteem and Promoting Positive MentalHealth
This half day course will give practical strategies to both 'plan in' positive mental health on a whole school basis and also give a very easy way to think about what we mean by 'self- esteem' on an individual basis and how schools can plan and implement strategies to raise the self-esteem of both staff and students
This course is a mixture of the discursive, the instructional, small group work, whole group discusson and the sharing and pooling of good practice.
For delegates to:
- Understand what is meant by the term 'self-esteem' and why it is important for young people in school
- Understand the constituent parts of self-esteem
- Begin the planning of how to raise the self-esteem of young people in school
- Identify attributes associated with positive mental health
- Explore and discuss approaches which can help promote positive mental health and develop pupil’s resilience.
TechNorth offers limited parking at the front and back of the building. There is some on-road parking on Harrogate Road and in the streets at the back of the building. Bus Numbers 2, 3, 3a, 48 and 91 stop outside.
** If you are a SILC based in Leeds and are thinking of attending this training course, please contact Colin Noble on 07891 277527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance **
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)