The Health and Wellbeing Service is comprised of an expert team of consultants with a proven track record of achievements over fifteen years within Leeds City Council. In 2008 we achieved government beacon status in recognition of our cutting edge work supporting schools to embed the National Healthy Schools Standard.
We are passionate about supporting the children and young people of today to effectively manage their lives and their wellbeing, to help and support others and to become future, responsible custodians of a healthy and sustainable world.
We support schools nationally with
- National Healthy Schools including the Health Behaviour Change Model (formerly Enhancement model),
- Emotional health and targeted mental health, SEAL
- Healthy eating, physical activity and prevention of obesity
- PSHE, sex and relationship education (SRE), sexual health, drugs, alcohol and substance misuse, citizenship
- Participation and pupil voice,
- Sustainable, eco friendly schools.